Hypothyroid with restless leg syndrome. Concern to sertraline and requip use

I am hypothyroid with restless leg syndrome. I am presently taking synthyroid, requip, sertraline and valtrex.
Dr. Gibson from this site suggested that I have sertraline and requip subsituted by another medication. What
is your suggestion? And do you know of any specialist in the Sparta, IL area?
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 15 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     60 year old female
•     Known case of hypothyroidism and restless leg syndrome
•     Currently on: synthyroid, requip, sertraline and valtrex
•     Concern related to sertraline and requip use.

Requip contain ropinirol, it is helpful in restless leg syndrome. So, it is better to continue it.

Sertaline is used for anxiety. Anxiety is associated with restlessness. It also increases symptoms of restless leg syndrome. Hypothyroidism is associated with increase chances of developing anxiety. Your current physician may be considering anxiety as diagnosis in your case. So, according to me, it is not good to stop sertraline without in person assessment.

Specialist in the Sparta:

Psychiatrist: Sanjeevani XXXXXXX MD: Highland Psychiatric Associates, 89 Sparta Ave Ste 240, Sparta, NJ 0000     
Neurologist: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX MD: Neuro-Specialist-Morris-Sussex, 350 Sparta Ave Ste A, Sparta, NJ 0000

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Dr Ashish XXXXXXX Mittal
Follow-up: Hypothyroid with restless leg syndrome. Concern to sertraline and requip use 5 hours later
Are there any specialist in the Sparta, Illinois 0000 area?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 13 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Neurologist: Guy XXXXXXX Burrows, 1900 State St, Chester, Illinois 0000, (618) 826-4581

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.