Hvaing mild nausea after gettig concussion. Is it normal?

How long could you have a brain bleed before you got any symptoms? Also, I'm having some mild nausea almost a week after getting my concussion. Is this normal or should I be worried?
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Very mild symptom; mostly nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Symptoms of a head injury can occur immediately or at times even take several hours or days (mostly anywhere between 2-20 days), not longer. Nausea is a common symptom after an innocent concussion or head injury. But more serious symptoms include: -Vomiting (more than one episode) -Loss of consciousness -Blurring of vision -Seizures -Swelling in the region of injury -Severe headache -Neck stiffness and a few others. In most cases all patients with head injuries are advised an evaluation with a doctor at the least sir. So please do visit a doctor, and based on the physical examination, he/she should be able to assess whether or not you need any further medical assistance or not. It is always better to be safe than sorry, don't you think sir. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes sir.
Follow-up: Hvaing mild nausea after gettig concussion. Is it normal? 1 hour later
Greetings Dr. Shoaib Khan! Thank you for your reply. I have a few more questions. I did go to the hospital for a CT scan on 21 November which was 4 days after I got my concussion. Is this too late after the concussion for them to see any possible brain hemorrhage? I know that after a while with a brain bleed the blood and brain tissue are not distinguishable on a CT scan but I didn't know how long that took. The CT scan came back negative but worry fills my mind. And finally, what are the chances that I could cause a brain hemorrhage by making sudden movements with my head? For example if I sit down suddenly and very hard or I look in a direction and my head moves quickly. Could this cause a brain hemorrhage? Thank you again! :)
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Perfect time for CT; no they cannot sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again. It would be my pleasure to further assist you sir. Four days are quite enough to be able to asses a brain hemorrhage or a developing one. I think you are on the safer side sir, so you can rest assured. I think it is best you do not worry, as the head injury has not resulted in any damage to the brain or the skull, as reported by the normal CT scan. Sudden movements should be avoided for a while, but in your specific case, there can be no damage to the brain or skull, or anything that can result in a brain hemorrhage. The only reason why sudden head movements should be avoided is because they can result in symptoms like nausea and vertigo, which are only unpleasant for the patient, nothing serious. I hope I succeeded in addressing your concerns and queries accurately. Please feel free to write back to me if there are any further queries or clarifications I can help you with sir. And please do not worry, you are perfectly fine. Wishing you good health always. Best wishes.