Ask a Homeopath   »  

Huge sweat-heat rashes and irritation at groin area. Relieved for short period after medicine. Advice?

Every summer I face huge sweat - heat Rashes and irritation at groin area. This is basically a heat & sweat Rash. this is specif to that area and does not affect any other part.

I am using frenchie inners which is rubbing in the same part. However I have tried long briefs but that has not helped much.

I have consulted dermatologists, they have advised a medicine which relieves me for short period or that specific season, but every year I get same problem.

Kindly advice the measures and medicine for long term remedy?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Homeopathy
Answered by Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy 3 days later

Thanks for contacting me.

The sweat is manufactured in sweat gland and gets to the surface of the skin by the sweat duct. When the sweat ducts become clogged cant get to the surface of the body and trapped inside results a mild inflammation or rash called heat rash. In your groin area as there is more sweating and due to tight pressure of the synthetic elastic band of the inner wears. It causes blocking of the ducts and results the itchy rashes. So the preventive measures is to use the inner wears of less tight elastic band. When staying at home, try to put some loose inner made of cotton. After coming from out side take a shower or wash the part with water. Wear loose clothing made up of cotton. Avoid exposure to heat as much as possible.

If the part is more itchy and reddish in appearance, apply cold lotion of Cassea sophera -Q (1:3 ratio i.e.take 15 ml cassea sophera -Q and mix it with 45 ml of water and keep that solution inside the freeze for cooling, not deep freeze) over that area after washing the part properly. There are some homeopathic medicines that can help in remission of the symptoms like Merc sol-200 - three times in a day for 5 days in a week.

Thank you