How to stop taking Lamictal and Trazadone?

Jun 2014

I'd like to stop taking lamictal & trazadone. I don't think it's safe to stop cold XXXXXXX Input please?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: gradually taper them Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would try to help you to solve query. If you want to stop taking lamictal and trazodone, taper them down gradually and one by one. First try to decrease the dose of trazadone 25 mg per week and in six week, you would able to stop it. After it gradually taper down lamictal 25mg per week. It would take again six weeks to taper it down. I think you should take a mood stabilizer while tapering lamictal down to avoid further attack of depressive or manic episode. For that, discuss with your psychiatrist. I think, with this answer you would be satisfied. In case you need further help, i would happy to help you. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist