How to rule out an implantation bleeding?

Question
Hi Doctor
I Haven't Seen My Period Since Last Month March ,12,2017, So I Took 3 pregnancy test Different Days And They All Came Out Postive, So Now Today I Felt Weird, When I Went To The Bathroom Last night around 12Am I Seen Blood Bright Red Blood A Little Heavy And It Didn't Stop Until This Morning Around 9am, Now When I Go To The Bathroom There Is No Sign Of Blood Anywhere When I Wipe. What's Going On? I Feel Little Cramps
Posted Fri, 19 May 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs an ultrasound scan.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

A mild bleeding during early pregnancy spotting after positive pregnancy test could be due to--

1. Implantation bleed which is mostly only spotting and last only for few days

2. Blighted ovum or missed abortion in which case there will be a longer bout of bleeding and a negative pregnancy test after a few weeks

3. Ectopic pregnency with nonviable embryo and withdrawal bleeding following that.

You can do a repeat pregnancy test and an abdominal ultrasound which will be able to guide you to the viablity of the fetus and the position of the gestational sac. Depending on these your obstetritian will be able to guide you to the further course of treatment and management.

Please feel free to discuss further. I'll be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal