How to get rid of red and dull skin on face caused due to the application of betnovate cream?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi. I am 28yrs old. I have been using betnovate cream since a few months for my rashes caused due to laser treatment for facial hair. I had XXXXXXX on my face 2 months ago. Someone recommended betnovate for lighter skintone. I applied it and next morning I woke up with a dry red face. My skin color is normally fair but now my face has become red. Please help me get rid of this red and dull skin. I hope it is not permanent?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Betnovate is a very strong steroid. it should not be used on face. It will cause lot of dryness and thinning of skin. you have developed pigmentation, so de pigmentation creams like melalite xl or lookbrite will be best for you. Apply this cream in night and a sun screen in day. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: How to get rid of red and dull skin on face caused due to the application of betnovate cream? 4 hours later
Will this go away ? I hope I get my normal skintone back?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Yes it will go away. just apply the cream mentioned by me. you will get good relief. Thank you