How to diagnose a lipodystrophy syndrome?

May I have acquired total lipodystrophy? Had a swine flu vaccination in October 2010 and have been suffering neurological-type systems ever since: Have lost over 2 stone in weight, have tingling and burning sensations also numbness coming and going in various parts of the body. Also, seem to have periods during the day of slight narcolopsy and need to fight to stay awake. Also, if I get slightly late for meal or snack, get feelings of extreme weakness and dreadful starvation pangs (as though I haven't eaten for days. The state of my skin (particularly arms and loss of "bossoms") is now like crepe paper. Feel like sleeping every time I sit down for a meal and fight my way through it, taking 2 hours or so. Extreme sensitivity to hot and cold. My body "time clock" all over the place - sleeping when I should be shopping etc during day, full of life and doing housework etc in the middle of the night. Have a little trouble with double vision at times. New allergies I have acquired since Swine flu vaccination include Propylene. polypropylene, isopropyl alcohol and adrenaline. All these substances (whether inhaled, applied to skin or, in the case of adrenaline, injected at dentist for local anaesthetic all "knock me out" - racing heart, lying on bed or floor, very shakey, return with full force of all the neurological symtoms I mentioned above. CAN YOU HELP IN ANY WAY PLEASE?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Advised to rule out other problems first.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and understood your concerns. Before concluding that you might be having lipodystrophia, other health issues should be excluded, including those related to: - thyroid - reactive hypoglycemia - hormonal changes - electrolytes disbalance - pancreas At this point, I suggest to run further tests including: - complete blood profile - abdominal ultrasound - thyroid function tests - hormonal/electrolytes balance - monitor blood pressure/sugar and record the results for future reference - examination of stool for ova/parasites If all these tests will be normal, then, could think of lipodystrophya as diagnosis. Having developed allergy to those substances does not necessarily mean it is caused by the vaccine you had. It is common to develop allergies to substances at any time during life even in those not being vaccinated. Hope it was of help! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! I'd be happy to assist you further! Dr.Albana