How long should I take sick leave for cerebral contusion?

hi - Iam a 32 year old previously healthy male. I was involved in a car accident and sustained a cerebral contusion in my right frontal lobe, demonstrated on 2 CT scans. how long should i be booked off on sick leave. My symptoms are headache and sleepiness
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The sick leave depends on the extent of contusion and if any late symptoms are expected or not. The area of contusion is also very important. The best judgement would be of your treating doctor's as he knows how much the damage is.

From your symptoms it seems that it was a minor contusion with not much effect on the bodily functions. The sick leave one week should be enough to recover from your symptoms.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.