How long does it take for appendicitis to rupture? Suggest suitable remedy to ease pain

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I went to the Dr. a few weeks ago. He thinks I have appendicitis the thing is I have no insurance till January so I cant get the ct scan done much less pay for surgery. I am trying to wait till January. I do have pain. and some more things, How long do you think I will have till they rupture or will they
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need to get treated soon. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. If you do have appendicitis, then the only safe course of action would be to have an appendectomy. Left untreated, your appendix will possibly rupture and infection will spread in your abdomen. It would be impossible to say when this would happen but I would not advise waiting until January until any further investigations. I hope you find this advice useful. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA