How is molluscum contagiosum and folliculitis treated ?

I am 29 years old and have been married for 5 years. We have a 2 year old daughter. I would hate to jump to the conclusion that this is an STD and my husband has cheated, but I have a 3 small bumps on my labia. One formed a whitehead. I popped it and white stuff came out, followed by blood. I had a pubic hair growing out of one of the bumps, so I plucked it. They also itch. I itched one of the bumps and my right labia lip swelled, but just on the right side. Please help.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani 1 hour later

The symptoms are likely to be an infective condition. Though not conclusive of an STD, infective cause such as Molluscum contagiosum, folliculitis and so on needs to be ruled out.

You get your blood sugar values checked.

You need physical examination and few tests such as urine examination, swab tests to determine the exact nature of infection.

You may get these tests done under guidance of a gynecologist.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.