How can worms in 1 year old child with low appetite be treated ?

Hello sir, sorry to bother you .... My little 1 year old had a bowl movement today and we noticed a small white worm in her stool.... Which looks like an XXXXXXX worm ,,,,the worm was dead,,,,and little girl has a very lite appetite can you advise ....? Thank you
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later

Since you have seen a worm in her stool it means she is suffering from worm infestation and the loss of appetite can also be attributed to the worm infestation only.
You need to get her stool examined for ova, cysts and parasites and after identification of the parasite, proper anti helminthic can be prescribed to her by her paediatrician.
She also needs to get her hemoglobin tested as anemia is the most commonly associated disorder with worm infestation.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.