Is oxeto1300,Frisium5,Zentel400 appropriate for treating neurocysticercosis ?

Sir my son age-13,weight-51kg had been. diagnosed with neurocysticercosis in left frontal lobe with associated perilesional edema.7*6*5mm. Doctor has prescribed-oxetol300twice a day,frisium5 once a day,zentel400 twice a day(21 days) . Is the prescription ok.Can he have seizure while taking this medicine. He had one before treatment startedl
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Prescription is good ; Discuss to add steroids Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This prescription is perfect , But i always prefer to add a short course of steroid like dexamethasone , especially if perilesional edema is there. See , when the worm dies by itself or with Albandazole (Zentel) , its creates an intense inflammation in the brain leading to edema and seizure. Steroids help us to reduce that inflammation and peri-lesional edema. Oxetol and Fresium will control the seizure , in most cases , they control them well , but still if a seizure activity occurs , an other drug is added , or changed. He will require a repeat CT Head plain after 6 months. And the treatment will continue minimum for 2 years. After that , a with drawl trial will be given. At this moment , i am more concerned about adding a steroid short course , Discuss with your doctor. I Hope i am able to solve your query , still if you have any query , you may ask me.
Follow-up: Is oxeto1300,Frisium5,Zentel400 appropriate for treating neurocysticercosis ? 17 minutes later
Thanks, will ask my doctor as u have advised
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 minute later
Brief Answer: My Pleasure Detailed Answer: My pleasure helping you. If you don't have any further query , please close the discussion and rate it. Stay Healthy
Follow-up: Is oxeto1300,Frisium5,Zentel400 appropriate for treating neurocysticercosis ? 10 minutes later
Sir do v have to control his diet or activities in any way while this treatment is on is the diagnose perfect is this infection curable 100%
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Very Common Condition Detailed Answer: Raw Vegetables should be avoided , especially food items like noodles containing improperly cooked cabbage. Avoid outside food. If your doctor says this diagnoses , it should be all right. It's a very common condition easily diagnosed and treated. I very close differential is Tuberculoma , but common in developing countries like india. I need to see CT Film to comment upon the diagnosis. This infection is curable , but sometimes the cyst get calcified in the brain , that can be permanent , but not harmful otherwise , that case may require life long anti--epileptics. If you don't have a further query , please close the discussion and rate it.