What causes blood in urine after treatment of bladder infection with Cipro prescription?
User rating for this question
I had a bladder infectin and was precribtion cipro I took my seven day dose and was feeling better ,a little pain but not like in the before cipro this morning day 9 I have blood in my urine ???
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, observe again for blood in urine. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this bladder infection and the blood you observed in urine today. Ciprofloxacine is a good drug for bladder infection. It should be able to treat most common causes of bladder infection. Considering all the information you have provided, I will suggest that you monitor your urine closely over the next days. If you should still observe blood, then I will suggest that you get consulted and evaluated again. If it should not repeat itself, then I will consider this and incidental finding and will not suggest any immediate aggressive management. But, should this happen again in future, then you must go in for the common causes of blood in urine like kidney stones, infections(schistosomiasis, ), cancers, etc to be investigated and ruled out. For now, increase your oral fluid intake in addition to the above advice. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications and more information if need be. I wish you well. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- What causes leg swelling after bladder infection
- Pee bubble in vagina
- Buccastem for stomach flu
- Is it possible to conceive normally while having hypithyroidism
- Buccastem thick head
- Bubbles in urine and spleen
- What could cause problem in anal colon and rectal area
- Blood in urine diagnosed as bladder infection what is it
- Suggest medication for dark circles and dark lips
- Fever and bubbley stomach
- What is the solution for irregular periods and pcod problem
- What do bleeding bumps indicate
- What causes recurrent bladder infection
- Blood in urine not bladder infection
- Antibiotic treatment for bladder infection