How can the problem of wiping constantly for soiling due to fissures be resovled ?

I have problems with fissures. I'm not constipated I have good bowel movements. My problem is having to wipe constantly for soiling. How can I ease this problem?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 5 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Anal fissure can be primary ( without any cause) or secondary to a colonic illness.

Primary fissure usually starts withh straining and injury duse to a hard stool. Subsequently the pain causes the spasm of the muscle which inturn keeps the wound wide open and further causes the pain.

So unless this cycle of pain - spasm -pain is broken the fissue is active and can recur.

This is usually done medically with a muscle relaxant-analgesic gel application or surgically by dividing the muscle.

Secondary fissure is usually secondary to an inflammatory disease of the rectum and will heal only when the primary disease is taken care off.

I suggest you to consult your gastroenterologist once and discuss the options of treatment that you have.

Hope this answers your query.

I will be available to answer follow up queries if any.