How can i stop masturbating?

Question
hi
hoew are you doctor. i have a problem that i never seen a doctor for that. i masturbate a lot which i am tired of doing that and it really bothering my life. i already tried to not doing it but i can not stop it.i am looking for some medicine or something that i can take to stop doing that.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 46 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. At a younger age people usually have more sex drive and their frequency of masturbation is maximum. You can indulge in this activity as long as it is pleasurable and you have the drive for it. it should not cause you any pain.

If you are doing excessive masturbation, then you have to decrease the frequency. you cannot stop masturbation totally because it is not a permanent solution.

For this purpose:

1)     First of all find out the cause of excessive masturbation. It could be because you are bored, lonely, hurt, stressed, or it could be because of pains from the past.

2)     Identify the time when you indulge in masturbation frequently. If supposing it is at night then exercise just before going to bed. exercise will also help you to be more tired and fall asleep faster.

3)     Try to identify and focus on activities that make you feel better. Motivate yourself to do things for yourself.

4)     Talk with your friends and family and join a gym along with your friends so that you spend maximum time outside where you cannot indulge in masturbation.

5)     Regular exercise and proper diet are essential to good health. Exercise is of paramount importance because it releases endorphins from the body.

6)     Join yoga and meditation classes to keep your mind calm and relaxed

Unfortunately there is no medicine or device to stop excessive masturbation and the above mentioned lifestyle techniques will help you in dealing with excessive masturbation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: How can i stop masturbating? 10 hours later
but it cause me to cum too fast when i have sex, like i cum in 10 second when i have sex a.d that is bothering me too. in general i am not happy with this situation. i can not have sex as soon as i start after 10 second i cum. so that cause me to not like to have sex anymore.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 7 minutes later

Thanks for writing back. So what you are having is premature ejaculation due to excessive masturbation. Premature ejaculation(PE) is not uncommon and depends on multiple factors , the most common being psychological factors. The psychological factors may include stress and anxiety in daily life.

Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse. Also do not worry about performance and relax during intercourse. Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

If the symptoms persist then desensitizing creams and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist. A urologist will be the best person to guide you through this. You may need to undergo certain medical tests like for diabetes, thyroid profile and hormonal assay.

Regards.