How can a non-itchy dark burnt patch under the breast be treated ?

General Surgeon
Question
i have dark burnt patch under my breast. pls suggest how to treat it. it is not itchy so far
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Infections
Follow-up: How can a non-itchy dark burnt patch under the breast be treated ? 5 minutes later
It seems like a funal infection, maybe due to muggy climate & perspiration. skin has darkened, dry & looks as if its burnt

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later
Hello

The under surface of the breast is one of the areas exposed to fungus. The under surface of Sagging breast, improper/incomplete cleaning of under surface of breast & perspiration favor fungal infections. Hence increase chances of infections.

Increased pigmentations can occur due to contact / irritation of the underlining of undergarments.

Use of comfortable and efficient undergarments, keeping the area clean & dry, application of topical anti-fungal without steroids ointment are few measures that should be helpful. Symptoms are expected to improve gradually.

I advice you a physical examination, if your symptoms persists or increase. Testing for fungal infection and use of oral antifungal drugs may be necessary.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries,

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Follow-up: How can a non-itchy dark burnt patch under the breast be treated ? 1 hour later
which antifungal cream can be used? any antifungal power?

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 8 minutes later
Hello and thanks again,

You can use either anti fungal powder or cream, both are equally effective.

Variety of anti fungal preparations are available in the market both as over the counter preparations or prescription. One over the counter antifungal which is widely used is lotrimin. You may use it.

However I suggest you to use them after consulting a skin specialist to confirm the diagnosis.

‘Hope I have answered your query,“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”