How can I control hair fall? Suggest some remedies

I am loosing my hairs day by day, can i know any remedies for this.

I wil not apply any oil to my hairs from years bcs of this hairs are falling
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Kruti 17 minutes later

I can understand your concern.

Hair fall can occur due to many causes; the most common cause being telogen effluvium.
Whenever our body goes through any mental or physical stress like surgery, any illness, pregnancy etc our hair goes into resting phase. This is called telogen. After about 3 months all the hairs that were in telogen start falling together hence called telogen effluvium.

The treatment would be taking biotin 10 mg supplements daily for 3 months and application of minoxidil lotion twice daily on the scalp. A competent dermatologist near your locality can monitor the aforementioned treatment. It takes 3 months to see visible improvement.

Hope this answers your query. Please let me know if you have any queries.

Follow-up: How can I control hair fall? Suggest some remedies 20 minutes later
Can you suggest me any ointment or cream (biotin and minoxidil lotion)
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

1. Tab. Essvit 5 mg twice a day is biting tablets to be taken orally.

2. I use mintop 2% lotion (minoxidil) in my patients. Discuss with your dermatologist who can prescribe you a suitable brand and also monitor its treatment.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns.