Hit on head. Small bump appeared with no nausea. Started feeling heavy headed. Are they related?

General Surgeon
Hit my head to two places after falling over afer leaning over to put on winter boots. Two small bumps, did not have any nausa, sleepiness etc. This was three days ago. Today however I am having a "heavy" feeling in my head. I don't know if this is related or not?
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

The main problem with head traumas is that some of them even if are serious, does not give any symptoms for a long time or can give unnoticeable symptoms. This happens when there is some slow XXXXXXX bleeding, the symptoms may not occur for a long time.
Moreover, most of head trauma (especially those without lost of consciousness) does not cause brain injury or bleeding. However you never know which one will cause.
It is impossible to answer such question even after physical examination, and it is impossible to rule brain injury out from here.
That is why, I suggest you to visit your doctor, just to make sure that everything is fine(head CT might be necessary), as even such symptom like heavy feeling can be caused by some brain injury. For 90% this is nothing to worry about, and such heavy feeling is very often after few days from trauma. But this is big responsibility judging it from my position.
Other symptoms which you should be aware of are: nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, tiredness, uneven pupils.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.