Hit back of the head, ongoing headches, pressure on back of left eye. Tylenol, Motrin aren't working. Advice ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I fell & hit the back of my head 4 days ago & have an ongoing headache.. Tylenol & Motrin aren't working I did go to urgent care after the 2nd day & said it was a minor concussion. I was able to manage the pain but now I have a major headache & a lot of pressure on the back of my left eye, hurts when I move my eye around.. Should I go to the ER or is it something that will last more than 5 days
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
A persistent severe headache after a head injury with pain during eye movements is indicative of gradually rising intracranial tension.
Investigations like CT scan and MRI of the head are entailed to detect the extent of head injury that you have suffered. To decrease the intracranial tension, mannitol infusion might also be needed.
You need to attend an ER for re evaluation of your symptoms and to rule out any serious injury.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.