Hi I'm 47, just had my period last week. I

Question
Hi I'm 47, just had my period last week. I have lots of fibroids. Today I had a dull ache on the right side. I took Advil and it went away. Now I'm have lots of non-odorous, yellow discharge. So much, I've put on a pad. It has a gooey, egg-like consistency. My last pap (this year) was normal.

What could be going on?
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection?

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
From the history it looks like infection.Pain followed by yellow discharge.It could be even degeneration of fibroids esply submucous.
You definitely need a gynaec check up at the earliest including an ultrasound scan.
Hope my answer helps you.

Follow-up: Hi I'm 47, just had my period last week. I 37 minutes later
Thank you your answer.

I do have a pretty large submucosal fibroid. I can actually feel it when placing a tampon. I have, according to my OB/GYN a 4 month size uterus and my plan is to have a hysterectomy at some point.

The volume and consistency of discharge was my concern. I was completely soiled! It has slowed down.

Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
You can plan hystrectomy later but get a per speculam examination to find out from where the discharge is coming.Also any polyps?
Hope you are convinced.

Follow-up: Hi I'm 47, just had my period last week. I 13 minutes later
I'm not sure if I have polyps. I will schedule an appointment ASAP.

There's just so much discharge. I'm so worried. Praying it's not something serious.

Thank you so much for your answers!!

Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
That is absolutely right decision.Get an appointment at the earliest and let me also know .
It need not be anything serous.Dont worry.My prayers
Good luck