Heavy bleeding after delivery. Should I be worried?

Heavy flow in my 2nd mensus after delivery
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 14 hours later

Heavy menses after delivery can occur because of hormonal fluctuations, infection or because of breast feeding. However I always encourage my patients to get an ultrasound scan of uterus done along with a check of thyroid hormone status.

I suggest you to report to your gynecologist and plan ultrasound scan and thyroid check.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications

Best wishes
Follow-up: Heavy bleeding after delivery. Should I be worried? 1 hour later
Hi Doctor,

Is that ultrasound mandatory? Today is my 4th day and now it has reduced to 50 % and i also forgot to mention that i started my aerobics before 15 days.Will this be a reason for this heavy flow?

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 2 days later

Thanks for writing back.

Ultrasound is helpful in finding out any problem in uterus. In my opinion you should have USG. Regarding aerobics, it could be reason for heavy flow if you have suddenly started strenuous exercises. Consult the problem with your instructor and ask him/her to start with simple exercises.

Best wishes