Head injury, treated for laceration, x-ray showed no fracture, taking paracetamol for headache. Have bruise along eyelash line, tingling

hi there. I suffered a fall 42 hours ago and hit the back of my head on a ceramic tile floor with some force. I suffered a 4-5cm laceration on the back of my head and was taken to hospital by ambulance. I received treatment there for around 7 hours before being discharged. They took x-rays of my spine and determined no fractures. I rested for the day afterwards, slept well and have been taking paracetemol for the headache that I have. This morning I awoke to a red/purple bruise along the eyelash line of my left eye and my neck has been gradually getting stiffer and sorer as the day progresses. I have intermittent tingling in my arms, fingers and legs. Do I need rest or should I seek further medical treatment?
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
The symptoms you are suffering are aftermath of head injury and they tend to remain for couple of days.
There is absolutely nothing to worry and just take rest.
The problem arises if you feel drowsy or feel disorientated or start bleeding.
In the absence of these complications,nothing is to be done except rest and taking paracetamol for the headache.
There doesn't seem to be any need of any further medical consultation at the moment.
I hope it helps.
You are most welcome to ask for any other query.
Kindly close this query if there is nothing to ask any more.
Get well soon.
Best of luck.