Head injury, no bump, no pain. Is it dangerous to hit the head above the eyes?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I fell and hit my head on concrete this morning right above my glasses, but I don't feel a bump
Is it XXXXXXX to the head to hit above the eyes? I don't feel any pain right now, but I hit it pretty hard
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
From your description it seems that you have suffered a minor head injury. Since there is no bump or pain in the area there is nothing to worry. Getting hit above the eyes may involve the orbit injury but in your case it seems to be a minor injury.
If you can consult a physician easily then it is best to get yourself examined for any neurological deficits. You can also self monitor yourself for any deterioration in the symptoms like unconsciousness, severe headache, blurred vision, bleeding from eyes, nose or ears, vomiting, etc in which case you need to rush to ER immediately.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.