Head injury, did not lose consciousness. Should I be concerned about this and get it checked out?

General Surgeon
I hit my head on the edge of the fireplace while standing up from the christmas tree. I have a dent in the corner of my head at the hairline. should I be concerned about this and get it checked out? I did not loose consciousness.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 3 hours later

It seems that you had a severe impact and the injury has caused a swelling and that feels like a dent. Most probably it is due to collection of blood in the subcutaneous tissue (the tissue just beneath the skin). It will take some time to become normal. If you do not having any other complaints, you need not worry. In case you have any complaints like increasing pain, headache nausea etc, please consult a doctor/surgeon at the earliest and get a check up

Hope you recover soon.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.