Having turners syndrome, post polio syndrome and sleep apnea. Swollen legs, scioliosis and right arm is affected by polio. Treatment?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
hi i am a female with turners syndrome, post polio syndrome person age 65 - had polio at age 5 in 1948. i also have sleep apnea. my feet and legs have been swelling and i wonder if i need to worry about them. i have scioliosis and my right arm was affected by the polio. i have been having pain in lower back. i weigh 150 and am 4 ft 11. i take blood pressure and colesterol medicine. aspirin and restless leg medicine. vitamin calcium and d. i sleep with bipap machine with oxygen at night. my pressue is 12/19. my brothers had polio also and my younger brother had left kidney removed 2 months ago at unc in chapel hill nc.and is cancer free. i was in an iron long in XXXXXXX nc hosp for almost a month i think. i have bicuspid valve also - turners syndrome . worked 44 years as an ekg tech - 25 before retiring from va durham nc
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
what exactly do you want to ask?

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for using healthcaremag8c for posting your query.
I have gone through your account and I can understand what you are going throuhh as ypu have plenty of medical issues but you seem to be managing well.
I would appreciate if you can let me know what exactly do you want to ask as your premium queetion.
Hoping to hear fro m you.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Having turners syndrome, post polio syndrome and sleep apnea. Swollen legs, scioliosis and right arm is affected by polio. Treatment? 21 minutes later
i need to know if my feet and legs swelling and having pain sometime in lower back right side needs to be checked and if it is because of the medical issues i have.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes it is

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the question.
Yes you have got many medical causes that can be blamed for you oedema feet. Your scoliosis and cardiac condition might be the most common causes. You should try elevating your leg over the head level while sleeping for 2 to 3 days. If it still doesnt respond then you need to go for echocardiography to check for the cardiac causes. Also get a total protein, albumin and complete blood count done for anemia.
Hope that helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD