65 yr old suffering from post polio syndrome has bowel movements during nights in sleep. Causes ?

I am a 65+ year old woman who sufferes from post polio syndrome , having had polio when I was 18. In the course of the night I wake up and find I have had a bowel movement because of the content in my pajamas. This has been going on for a couple of weeks, and I can t figure out how to solve this problem. I call my husband and he has to assist in cleaning me up since I cannot stand or walk due to my polio disability . I rely on a motorized scooter for ambulation 100% of the time. Do you have any ideas what may be the cause of my having a bowel movement in my sleep ? Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013