Having severe joint pain in ankles. Is this due to abilify and lantus insulin?

Question
Hi

I am having terrible joint pain in my ankles. I think it is the abilify and lantus insulin. Have you heard of this happening
XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 48 minutes later

No, both Abilify and Lantus Insulin do not cause joint pain as side effect.

You may have to get the ankle examined and may also have to get an Xray done to identify the exact cause for the pain in the joint.

Meanwhile apply DICLOFENAC pain killer gel over the affected joint to get some relief from the pain.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Having severe joint pain in ankles. Is this due to abilify and lantus insulin? 14 hours later
Hello

Your answer is incorrect. I saw my psyc today and he said it is the Abilfy. He has seen it in many patients.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

As per the drug literature on Aripiprazole (Abilify) joint involvement presenting with severe pain is not a usual side effect.

Well, if your treating Psychiatrist has seen in his patients I would not deny it. The best way to ascertain is to stop the medication and observe.

Wish you good health.