Having severe cough and cold by birth. No improvement with treatment. Suggest the cure?

I have severe cough & cold by birth and all my treatments failed. Please advise how this can be cured??
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
A detailed evaluation by Pulmonologist is required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following.

1. You seem to be having recurrent cough and cold since childhood.

2. A detailed clinical evaluation with Pulmonologist is required.

3. Do you have allergy to dust? Seasonal variation of symptoms? wheezing episodes? Any similar family history?

4. Investigations required will be chest Xray pa view, Sputum examination, peripheral smear (eosinophils), Serum IgE levels, Pulmonary function test.

5. If evidence of obstructive airway disease with allergy is found then you may be initiated on certain oral medications , inhalers and nasal spray. Also flu and pneumococcal vaccines will help you. Dust avoidance is important.

6. Please take an appointment with a Pulmonologist at the earliest and get evaluated as mentioned above.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist