Having severe constipation. Taking Lactulose solution and dulcolax. Having severe lower back pain. Suggest remedy?

My wife is having severe constipation. She has been taking Lactulose solution medicine for about 10 days now. Today she took 2 dulcolax tablets, however, still no result at all. We believe because of this condition she is having severe lower back pain which is going down to her legs. What can we do to get out of this constipation problem immediately?
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Soap water enema will help

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern towards your wife.

It seems like you have tried the best of medications for her constipation. I also understand that her problem is worsening.

In such a case, if I were her treating doctor, I would ask the nurse to give your wife a simple soap water enema to clear the bowels.

You could head to a nearby hospital and request for the same with the attending doctor.

This is the immediate help to her. She will feel better with this.

Let me know if you have more queries.