Having rashes on lips and neck. Upper lip has been waxed. Applied Fucibet cream. Patches of skin on face, having dry skin. Advice?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Question
I recently had some sort of rash on my lips and lower part of my neck. I never had this before. I had my upper lip waxed about 2 days before. It may not be the cause because I have done this for many years but i thought I'd mention.

I went to my GP and he asked me to apply Fucibet cream. I did this. THe neck rash has gone but I have significant patches of skin on my face. one is above my left temple, upper lip, chin and cheeks. My skin keeps getting dry and peeling off and my lips are very dark brown.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post and seeing the attached pictures, it seems that you might be having exfoliative dermatitis. An opinion from your dermatologist is needed for confirmation.

You can take an antihistamine like Fexofenadine 180 mg along with a steroid.
Also take Folic acid supplements.

Use of a moisturizing lotion will be helpful.
Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of pure water.
Eat a protein XXXXXXX diet.

If your problem persists, get yourself clinically examined by a Dermatologist.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Having rashes on lips and neck. Upper lip has been waxed. Applied Fucibet cream. Patches of skin on face, having dry skin. Advice? 17 minutes later
Thank you.

We have acrivastine (antihistamine). Is it ok to take acrivastine instead of Fexofenadine. And is Fucibet be applied as a steroid?

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 11 minutes later
Thanks for your response.

Yes, you can take Acrivastine as antihistamine. It will have beneficial effects.
Fucibet ointment contains steroid and an antibiotic and can be applied locally.

I would like to advise that you should also have yourself clinically examined by a Dermatologist.

I hope this answers your query.
If you have any doubts, please mention.
Thanks.