Having rashes on legs, thighs, and hands. Itching sensation. Not allergic to anything. Taking advil tablet. No relief. Cure?

Hi doctor,
From the last couple of days I have developed rahes on my skin. These are present on the legs, thighs and a few on hands as well. itching sensation is also present.
I not allergic to anything as such and have not tried any new food item.
I have also attached a few imags for your reference. Could you please help. I have also had avil tablet last night based on my physician's suggestion. However it did not help much
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chicken pox or of insect bite

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatologist, working with an experienced Dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

I have gone through the images you have attached here. If they are extensive all over the body and started few days back and progressed to this stage within few days then I suspect the lesion to be due to chicken pox. Such lesions are non responsive to Avil.

If the lesions are only few and affecting only few parts of the body then I would consider them to be due to insect bite. Avil would be the main treatment.

I suggest you to consult your treating doctor to identify the exact cause after examining you.

Meanwhile, take two more doses of Avil and apply Calamine lotion on the lesions to get relief.

Follow-up: Having rashes on legs, thighs, and hands. Itching sensation. Not allergic to anything. Taking advil tablet. No relief. Cure? 2 days later

Thanks for your response.

I have consulted my doctor and he said that it is due to an insect bite. And these are mostly on my legs. He has prescribed tab atarax and flutibait ointment.

Its the third day today and these lesions are still not going away and the itch becomes worse during the evenings.

Could you please let me know what can be done.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue atarax and calamine lotion

Detailed Answer:

Some allergic reactions do stay for quite long. Do continue the medication if not subsided within a week then you may have to get tested for chicken pox for sure.