Having problem in breathing. What are the findings from the ECG report?

HI , I am a 64 yr old male . my ecg report shows
normal sinus rhythm with frequent VPCs.Single run of pre mature atrial tachycardia seen in rhythm strip. left axis deviation, left bundle branch block... what does this acutally mean in simple language..... recently was feel out of breath and lil prob in breathing ..
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not entirely normal, needs further evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Respected Sir
Best interpretation of ECG is done when we know whole clinical scenario including the examination. However I will explain your report in following paragraphs. I would appreciate if you can upload your ECG strip also as you have uploaded the report.
1. Normal sinus rhythm means that the site of origin of your heart beat (electrically) is normal and is in sinus node.
2. Frequent VPCs means, at times the beat is originating from the pumping chambers of your heart (ventricles) rather than the normal site. This is a normal phenomenon most of the time. However if it is causing you trouble or symptoms, like uncomfortable feeling of missed beat or a large thump over heart area, it needs to be looked into.
3. Left bundle branch block (LBBB) is electrical conduction block in one of the branches of conduction system . This may be a normal phenomenon or may be associated with structural disease of heart. This has nothing to do directly with blockade of arteries/ blood vessels.
4. Single run of premature atrial tachycardia means that for a certain time your heart beat originated from atria (the receiving chambers of heart ) from a site other than normal and it was at a rate > 100 beats per minute. This may be normal but may be associated with certain diseases like lung disorders, valve disorders of heart etc.
5. Left axis deviation means the activation front of electrical activity in your heart is directed more towards left. This is mostly benign and likely to be associated with LBBB in your case.
6. Your PR interval, QTc , ST segment, P, Q and T waves are within normal limits.

ECG provide only indicators. It is diagnostic only for a few conditions. Your ECG also indicates that there may be a structural heart disease as it is not absolutely normal. It signifies that you should be evaluated further.
In nutshell, A patient with shortness of breath and these findings, next step is to get an ECHO done. That will tell us a number of things.
Please upload your ECG strip also and feel free to discuss anything you have in mind.
Sukhvinder Singh