Diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia. Jaw, neck and arm in pain. Had sex. Related?

Hi, I m a 34 yr old male, 5ft10, 90kg and have been diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tacchycardia. I take noten for it and its not been an issue until recently. I ve been experiencing crushing pain in the centre of my chest of late and shooting up to my jaw and neck and slightly down my left arm . My resting pulse is around 90 to 100 bpm. Tonight I had sex and feel quiet week n have a rapid pulse of round 100 bpm. I have a doctor appt tomorrow morning but is this something that should be investigated further?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

A history of sinus tachycardia and chest pain radiating upto the jaw and left arm is of concern and needs to be investigated.

This history is suggestive of ischemic heart disease (IHD).
However, other causes of chest pain and sinus tachcardia need to be investigated.
It may be due to cardiac muscle disorder or valvular dysfunction.

An ECG is the investigation of choice.
If it turns out to be normal, Holter may be required.
An echocardiography may be required if muscular or valvular disorders are suggested.

Kindly, visit your cardiologist for further work up.

If you found my answer helpful, kindly post your feed back.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal