Having pain on lower abdomen, thigh and knees. Any solution?

I'm having pain on both sides of my lower abdomen that radiates down my thighs into my knees
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Pain on both sides of lower abdomen radiating down to legs and knees could be related to a nerve pinching due to degenerative changes in the lower lumbar spine or due to an intra abdominal pathology like renal calculi or a gastrointestinal infection or a pelvic inflammation.
A direct examination and basic investigations like ultrasound scan of the abdomen, X-ray spine, urine analysis and some blood work are needed to identify the exact cause of your problem.
You should see a doctor if the symptoms do not reduce in 24 hours. Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic and a mild pain killer available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day.
Doing a hot fomentation in the area will also help in reducing the symptoms.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.