Having mild headaches, feeling veil over the eyes, elevated blood pressure. What are the causes?

I have had mild headaches everyday lately, and I feel like I have a veil over my blood pressure is 128/95.....any thoughts?? Usually my blood pressure is 100/70, so it is definitely elevated, I am going through a difficult time after a break in relations with a Borderline personality disorder mother and an enabling father, and I have an aversion to discord.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 18 minutes later
There are several causes of the mild headache and the veil that you feel descending over your eyes include:
a.     High blood pressure
b.     Sinusitis
c.     Glaucoma
d.     Vitreous haemorrhage
e.     Anxiety
f.     Retinal detachment (although the possibility is extremely low)
As I believe that more information can help a physician guide a patient better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a.     Do you currently have prescription glasses? If yes, what is the power?
b.     Is the pain more in the morning or evening?
c.     Do you have a problem reading or seeing things?
d.     Is it related to using the eyes for long (computers, reading)?
e.     Is there pain on pressing around the eyes in the forehead, upper cheeks, below eyes)?

Till then, I would suggest the following:
a.     Try and practice XXXXXXX breathing exercises and yoga to reduce anxiety
b.     Try and de-stress.
Awaiting your reply
Follow-up: Having mild headaches, feeling veil over the eyes, elevated blood pressure. What are the causes? 1 hour later
It usually starts in the morning after breakfast and coffee. I do have prescription glasses, I had my eyes checked last year, I don't believe it is sight related., not really computer related..just heaviness on the front lobe area and not confusion, but a bit like a veil....I can't really concentrate and I have a slight headache....and this seems to happen most mornings...
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 12 minutes later

Thanks for replying.

I think, your blood pressure is going up a bit in the morning, and you may need to start medication for it.

This must be due to the bout of anxiety you have sufferred recently. A mild anti-anxiety medication can also be taken for a short while till the mind learns to forget and relax.

Do see your doctor for this.

I hope, I have answered your query. If you are satisfied with my answer, please accept it.

Wish you good health.