Having migraine, food cravings, pregnancy symptoms. Had light periods. Pregnancy test negative. What it could be?

Question
Are there any health problems that could make me feel pregnant? I having very light period now, 3rd day, and urine pregnancy tests are negative. I feel really awful. Could it be a virus or caused by eating gluten which I am sensitive too? My symptoms are migraine -I have only ever had a headache like this when pregnant, nausea, dizziness, hot and cold, stuffy in head, today slight runny nose, sensitive to light, food cravings, food aversions, very hungry, extreme fatigue, extremely moody feels hormonal, and breast changes that I have also only ever had when pregnant. I have been having migraine, nausea, and the breast changes, and extreme fatigue for 3 weeks, starting2 to 3 days after I ate gluten. I had sex 5 days before estimated ovulation.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 37 minutes later

As per the history it seems that you have gluten sensitive enteropathy and migraine.

I would like to know whether you had light period on day 3 for the first time or was this common since quite some time? Since the pregnancy test is negative it is less likely that you could be pregnant.

The symptoms you are experiencing might be due to hormonal changes which can be age related.
I would like you to undergo one thyroid function test as abnormal thyroid levels can also lead to weird symptoms.

I would like to review with the reports. Please let me know once you have the reports.

Don't worry, everything would be fine.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani
MBBS,DGO

Follow-up: Having migraine, food cravings, pregnancy symptoms. Had light periods. Pregnancy test negative. What it could be? 2 hours later
Normally my period lasts 5 days and is very heavy flow, on day 1, and especially on day 2. This period was very unusual and different, all 3 days so far have been with a very light flow that comes on and off with much less cramping than usual. I have never had a period like this one. Thanks for your reply and I will show you reports when I can. I will check my thyroid.

Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 1 hour later

Don't worry, lets see what the reports are and accordingly decide what should be the further management be.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani
MBBS,DGO