Ask a Urologist   »  

Having low blood pressure and irregular periods. Taking cipro and flagyl for UTI. Any thoughts?

Hi I have some sort of a bite XXXXXXX on my arm. It's probab;y no big deal, I just worry cuz I am on Cipro & Flagyl for my 2nd round of treatment for another UTI. I get them AROUND 7X A YEAR! Low blood pressure and irregular periods. I go to an OBGYN MOnday & will request my thyroid be checked...Any thoughts??
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 37 minutes later

Please consider applying calamine lotion on the bite XXXXXXX on your arm. It soothes the lesion and prevents its progression.

You may continue to take Cipro and Flagyl as prescribed. You can go ahead and get your thyroid checked.

The bite XXXXXXX will disappear soon. It is an isolated lesion. It is not related to any of your present conditions.

You can also apply topical cream like Betamethasone to the bite XXXXXXX area twice daily for faster healing. It is available over the counter.

Take simple anti-allergic like Zyrtec 10mg after dinner for 2 days.

You shall be fine soon.

Please do write back if you have follow up queries to ask.