Having irritated and mildly painful clit. How to restore the size and sensitivity to my clitoris?

Psychiatrist
Question
this is nice - I don't know the cost - but I have an irritated, now smaller clit that is irritated and mildly painful and in discomfort, and not near as sensitive as it used to be. this is a result of using a stupid vibrator. I want to put on some soothing cream but don't know what to use
I am concerned about these things:

1.) how best to get out of immediate discomfort ( borders on pain)

2.) how to best restore the size and sensitivity to my clitoris ( have suddenly not got hardly any feeling)

3. how to repair any nerve damage that may have been done
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 24 minutes later
Hello there, thanks for asking.
First, The best way to heal it, is not to irritate it more. You can use some vaseline not to let the skin to get dry.
Second, the best way to restore the size is ask your doctor to give you topical estrogen if there is no problem with its usage (if there is no active infection, etc in the site). It can help to have a more voluminous and powerful clitoris.
Third, No worry about the nerve damage, since the nerve terminals repair themselves and you will regain the sensitivity and the feeling from there in the near future.
Let me know if you have any other question.
I wish you an enjoyable life.

Follow-up: Having irritated and mildly painful clit. How to restore the size and sensitivity to my clitoris? 12 minutes later
I thought Estrogen was not restorative but DHT and testosterone are.
It is not dry - it is irritatied an painful - Vaslceline is oil based - use of KY jelly or a personal lube is always recommended as water - based, I thought.
I am very depressed about this - doesn't L-arginine bring O2 to the site locally?
I don't agree with being referred to a Phychiatrist for a GYN isssue - this isn't mental - it is physical. this is not your area of expertise. It HURTS and have not touched it either since yesterday morning. I wonder when the pain will stop ??
Will hydrocortisone cream help? or tripple antibiotic? what settles nerves down that is topical? that is good news that nerves repair themselves but I had an abdominioplasty after carrying twins and they cut all nerves so I am cold from the waist down and remaine that way 30 yrs now!!!R U SURE?

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 14 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX, it was referred to me since you also asked about the nerve damages.
You may use water based lube and both water based and oil based ointments restore the water inside the skin and prevent it from driness.
You may take L-arginine or if you have arginine XXXXXXX diet like red meat, or fish, they would be beneficial for healing.
DHT and testosterone are good for the desire and estrogen prevents from thinning of the area.
I am sorry to hear that you are cold from the waist down. I am sure about regeneration of the nerves there. Fortunately, you have had sense in that area so your attributed (pudendal) nerve is intact.
There is no need to use any antibiotic when it is not infected. Skin infection shows itching, redness and probably one will have fever.
Let me know if you have any question.
I am sure you gain your vitality soon.

Follow-up: Having irritated and mildly painful clit. How to restore the size and sensitivity to my clitoris? 2 days later
What is the best kind of healthcare practitioner to see to get DHT or testosterone cream?

What about a tens unit?

what other FDA approved things are out there for nerve damage restoration?

this must be quite a problem for anyone who has had trauma to a body part - like men in sports situation also

are there any clinics set up for things like this here in the US?

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 11 hours later
Hi there, you may ask from a family doctor or a dermatologist to prescribe for you the ointment.
It is recommended that TENS is not used on the sensitive skin.
If it is not improving, I think the best way to see a picture of the area or you may show the area to the local doctor.
If it is examined, it will provide three dimensional information that would be ideal.
I wish you get better very soon since it is very important.
Feel free to send the picture of the area if you decide to do that.