Having dyspiosis of gut and food allergies. Exhaustion, swollen eyes, and diarrhea after eating from outside. Treatment?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I have dyspiosis of the gut and food allergies after an chronic allergy to antibiotics. I went out to dinner last night, and ate all the wrong foods, and have come down with a mega allergic reaction including exhaustion, swollen eyes, swollen tongue, swollen intestines, diarrea. I know I should not eat any bread, cheese and wine, but I did all that in a weak moment, and have headache, etc. Is there anything I can do to ease the attack?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Anti-histamines, hydration, rest.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
It appears you are having a generalized allergic reaction. You may be over the worst by now. I suggest you take anti-histamine tablets which can be purchased over the counter from your pharmacist. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration secondary to the diarrhea. Rest as much as possible. Be careful to avoid any trigger foods today.
Your symptoms are unlikely to get any worse but signs to be aware of would be worsening swelling of the mouth or throat and development of difficulty breathing. These would be indications to go to the ER.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,