Having chest pains. Test showed fluid around heart. What are the complications?

I recently had chest pains went to ER did test ,results were fluid around my heart. I will like to follow up with this but I have no Insurance presently.
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
It surely is cause for concern but not for panic.
Viral pericarditis a self limiting disease can present exactly with the same symptoms. Decreased thyroid function (which can happen if you were over treated for thyrotoxicosis: hypothyroidism is another benign condition). That is not to loose sight of potentially XXXXXXX conditions which we can find out if the fluid around heart was diagnosed by echocardiography. If so please tell the details or echo report. Also, Please tell me about 3 things:
1. Drugs you are taking for any illness?
2. Any visit abroad? And illness thereafter with fever and flu like symptoms? Or you have lived all your life in the US only?
3. Was fluid aspiration advised then whether it was done if so what are the reports of investigations?
After hearing from you I will get back to you asap. Good Luck
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW