Having anxiety problem. Taking praxotine tablets has caused Insomnia problem. Having shock like feeling in face and swelling. Advise?

Sir, I had anxiety problem , consulted a psychiatrist, given praxotine tablets and some sleeping pills, the treatment caused Insomnia problem. For last 5 yrs I m takingvarious tablets like escitalopram oxalate 10 mg, clonazepam 0.5 mg ,Amitriptyline Hydrochloride Tablets and medicines etc..for that. if I withdraw , which worsens the problem. For last one year stopped the medicines. Now a days my sleep is not healthy. One night when i was sleeping i could feel some shock like feeling in my right face. The next morning i could feel swelling in my right face, and also senseless, Now i could feel some burning effect in my right face some times and numbness sometimes and some times sharp pain in right head. 6 month before I took my scanning of head. which show that Right superior cerebeller atrery in close relation with right trigeminal nerve at REZ ( Superio medical aspect -? Significance. And Confluent Flair Hyperintensities in bilateral peritrigonal region and right corona-radiata c-? Cause...For the last two months I have been taking Nortriptyline and Oxcarbazipine tablets. which gave no effect. Now i m advised to take stalopam plus..But I could feel no the right abdomen slightly paining..
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out Multiple sclerosis

Detailed Answer:

The medications you were on do have very bad withdrawal effects unless stopped on a tapering (gradual dose reduction) method.

Since, now you are off the medications, I would consider taking Stalopam is essential to keep you symptom free. It does take some time for the drug to show its effect.

The scan report indicates presence of Hyperintensities which are commonly seen in conditions like bipolar disorder, severe anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder. Also considering your symptoms like numbness and abnormal sensations I think ruling out MS is also essential.

Do consult a Neurologist and discuss above differential diagnosis to get examined and investigated to rule out the above.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Having anxiety problem. Taking praxotine tablets has caused Insomnia problem. Having shock like feeling in face and swelling. Advise? 11 hours later
Dr, Thanks for your reply, I have little pain in the upper part of right abdomen near hip, i have a fear about the function of my kidney, because for past 8 years i m taking various tabletes for anxiety, depression and insomnia...
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get an Ultrasound scan

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, its better to rule out renal stones or any pathology.

Do get an Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis for the same.