Having abdominal pain. CT Scan, Ultra sound and blood tests all normal. Can blood tests and CT scan eliminate liver problems?

I have had a pain in my uper right abdominal area right below ribs and sometimes around lower right side, but mostly at the bottom rib on right side. This has been persistent for nearly 6 months. CT Scan, Ultra sound and blood tests all normal. Endoscopy shows gastritis. Pains is mostly persistent and appears t be getting worse.

Heating pad and hot baths seems to help. Also pain seems to be gone or at least better in the mornings and gets worse as day progresses.

It has caused a lot of anxiety and worry about liver problems. Can the blood tests and CT scan definitively eliminate liver problems? Are there any other tests I should ask for?
Would gastritis cause pain this far to the right?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

I have gone through all the reports. Only abnormality is increased WBC and absolute neutrophil counts which suggest that there is infection. And about the source of infection Urine examination showed increased RBC's that suggest it may be abdomen that radiates to back suggest there may some renal or uretric stone. CT and Ultrasound abdomen sometimes may not show stone in urinary tract. To confirm it you may undergo Intravenous pyelography which may show stone in urinary tract.

Regarding liver all the LFT are absolutely normal and also on USG and CT as you mentioned is normal, suggest liver is normal

So you are suffering from urinary tract infection may be due to some renal or uretric stone with gastritis

So I will advise you to take some analgesic like Tramadol and drotaverine and a course of antibiotics like quinolones. Take plenty of fluids. For gastritis take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with some prokinetic gent like domperidone

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Having abdominal pain. CT Scan, Ultra sound and blood tests all normal. Can blood tests and CT scan eliminate liver problems? 28 hours later
I have also started to notice that there is a rather noticeable rebound type pain when I push on the area. Would that be symptomatic of anything in particular. Also my pain seems to be nearly gone every morning and gets worse and worse as the day go on.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 3 hours later
Hello! thanks for feedback.

It may suggest it is renal or uretric colic with Gastritis. So may take the medicines I mentioned above or discuss about this with your treating doctor.

Get well soon