Having a needle prick pain on lower left abdomen. What is causing this?

Nov 2013

im 35 years old.5'6",200 lbs...ive been having a needle prick pain on my lower left abdomen.yesterday i felt it 3 times while i was eating.this morning i felt it again but today i havent eaten anything
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

First of all, let me reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious illness.

The symptoms are most likely due to minor involvement of nerves over the left lower abdomen. This often occurs when they get slightly compressed while sitting or sleeping.

Other reason could be mild constipation, but you have no other symptoms of the same.

As of now, there is no need to worry.
It should subside soon.
If they persist, you could consult a doctor.

Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM