Having PCOS. on triquilar. Having vomiting sensation. What is causing this?

May 2013
im 30 yr old female, having 3yr old having PCOS problem. for that my gynaec prescribed me Triquilar.its been 10 days im taking that.I feel due to that,am having vomitting sensation all through the day. Kinldy suggest to recover that...
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Contraceptive pills are prescribed in Poly cystic ovary disease for regularization of periods and to decrease symptoms of the disease,
Triquilar contains levonorgestrel and eithinyl estradiol in different combinations,
They can cause nausea and vomitings as side effects,
Generally after starting the pills in first few weeks women experience these symptoms because of hormones and they will subside soon,
So hopefully you also get relieved of them soon,
You can follow these general things like,
-avoid taking tablets with empty stomach,
-take tablets preferably at night,
After following this also if you still experience vomitings you can ask your doctor to change the brand of the pill, with her advice you can take anti-emetics for some days till problem solves.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.