Have wet cough with cold. Taken medicine but no help. Suggest?

hi i have cough since 13 days - no recovery still. used 2 prescriptions . wet cough it is with cold
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 6 hours later

I understand that you had taken treatment for the last few days. I believe you would have taken antibiotics too. Do you have fever, chest pain or breathlessness?
If yes, then I would suggest you to get a chest X-ray done to rule out any lower doctor. It is possible that cold and cough can persist for few days. This is particularly seen in people who smoke.

Meanwhile, you can do the following to support your recovery.
- Stop smoking, if you smoke.
- Drink only warm water.
- Avoid cold drinks and food items.
- Do steam inhalation with Cap. Karvol plus dissolved in the water.
- Keep your room warm.

I hope this clears your concern. Please let me know if you have any further doubts.