Have tiny pimples on penis. No itching. Had sex. Having fever and headache. What can this be?

Excellent

Question
I had sex 8 days ago. 2 days after the se i got tiny pimple like bumps on penis. Small, painless, and dont itch. Followed by fever and a hedache. What is this?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
non-specific infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I do not think this is something serious or any major STI (Sexually Transmitted Illness). However, was the sexual intercourse protected? Did you use a condom? Please let me know this detail.

This seems like a non-specific infection probably Chancroid, LGV or granuloma inguinale. More probable is that this is just a normal variant or a sequence to friction during the act.

Presumptive treatment with a single dose of Azithromycin and a 3-days course of Doxycyline will help prevent and treat unwanted infections from the sexual act. You may want to get both the drugs prescribed from your prescription drugs.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if I could help you further.

Follow-up: Have tiny pimples on penis. No itching. Had sex. Having fever and headache. What can this be? 12 minutes later
The sex was unprotected. 2days the pimple like bumps showed up and the following day i had fever and a headache that lasted a day and a half. Im real scared it's hiv.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
please get tested for HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back.

You say it was unprotected sexual intercourse. The symptoms that followed are not necessarily suggestive of HIV. It could just be a normal flu.

However, if you are really scared, then there is no harm in getting tested for HIV.

You could get a RNA HIV PCR test done at 14 days or wait for 3 months and get HIV ELISA test done. You may want to get tested to be on the safer side and to remain stress-free.

Practice safe sex to prevent STDs.

Wish you good health.