Have taken betaserc for ear problem that cause dizziness. Suggest alternative?

HELLO beta serc is the medication that I have taken for XXXXXXX ear problem back in hometwon but they are not availablein US , do you have any suggestion for a closed match to this medication to cure dizziness due to XXXXXXX ear issue? thanks
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 25 minutes later
I will happy to assist. Betaserc as you mentioned is not available in the United States. It is a "histamine agonist" widely used in Europe and South XXXXXXX for the treatment of vertigo, however the FDA has not approved this medication in the US. There is no equivalent available in the United States, and the only way to obtain it would be through a compound pharmacy (a pharmacy in the US the prepares it for you through the special order of a physician), or to get it from overseas. However there are other options available in the US for people with dizziness or vertigo, but these are not available over the counter, and need a physician to give you a prescription. Some of the possible medications options available include meclizine and droperidol, among some of them. A physician will get a full history and determine which one is the most suitable for you.
Hope that helped. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Follow-up: Have taken betaserc for ear problem that cause dizziness. Suggest alternative? 30 hours later
thank you, what is the routine way of taking meclizine, it always says on the pills 3 times a day which i assume it means every 8 hourss, but my doctor just mentioned when ever you fell dizzy btw I take 25milli gram one
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 9 hours later
The maximum recommended dose is 100mg per day (divided throughout the day). It is usually prescribed as 25mg every 8 hours - as needed.
Hope that answers your question.