Have swelling spreading from scalp to forehead, between eyes and bridge of nose with swollen throat. Benadryl helps

I have been getting swelling which has moved over the past few weeks from my scalp, to my forehead, to between my eyes and bridge of my nose, back to my scalp, and today my throat feels swollen but no sore-throat pain. When the swelling first occurred, an ER doctor checked my scalp for signs of an insect bite and found none. Benedryl helps. Do I need allergy testing to determine the cause of the swelling?

A month ago I had a tick bite on my leg which became infected. The area showed no ring associated with Lyme Disease and an antibiotic seemed to eliminate the infection.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please observe the following advise.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The most likely cause of such swelling is allergic reaction to something applied to the skin like a new shampoo, perfume or oil or cosmetic items; or it can be due to insects bite like bugs or lice in that area.
Lyme's disease also have prolonged manifestations like this and blood test for Borrelia antibodies should be done.
allergy testing would not help, just try to track new items that you have started using. Antiallergic drugs and steroid help but treating the cause is preferable.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!