Have swelling and hard lump on labia. Feeling uncomfortable. How to get rid of this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I have had swollen labia on one side for a couple of weeks now and it is very uncomfortable i also have 3 little hard nodules on this area - they are pink colour the same as labia. I haven't had intercourse for a year now so it is not to do with this. The nodules aren't weeping or anything like that they are small bumps. Is there something i can get over the counter to help as its Easter and doctors are closed i feel so uncomfortable - i have put some KY on for a couple of days to see if that eased it but it didn't make much difference.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
According to your description there is possibility for some retention cysts of hair follicles or folliculitis or some other skin leasion.
Better to get examined once as you are having swelling also.
Till you consult your doctor, you can go for:
-Analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs like paracetamol in combination with serratiopeptidase.
-Sitz bath: by adding little amount of disinfectant in XXXXXXX warm water.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have swelling and hard lump on labia. Feeling uncomfortable. How to get rid of this? 17 minutes later
I don't think it can be to do with hair follicles because it is inside labia where it is all pink with no hairs?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 41 minutes later
It is difficult to tell the exact nature of the lesions without examining.
As you excluded the possibility of sexually transmitted infections, better to get examined once to fond out the actual nature of the lesions.
Anyhow by taking the steps I mentioned you can get relief from the symptoms. After consulting the doctor you can get complete cure.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.