Have sub septate uterus, lower back pain and pain in groin. Due to uterus condition?

i have been told i have a sub septate uterus recently and i have had sharp pains in the lower back area for the past few months and in the groin area could that be caused from the sub septate uterus ? the pains have been going on since may . i have had an mri and ultra sounds done. and i was wondering if this can be fixed or if this is the reason i have had trouble carrying in the past. i have been trying to get pregnant
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
A subseptate uterus is a congenital anomaly and is not responsible for the pain you are having in your lower abdomen. Surgical correction might reduce the chances of your recurrent abortions but is not likely to cure the pain you are having.
If the cause of lower abdominal pain could not be detected on ultrasound and MRI then a diagnostic laparoscopy might be helpful.
You can discuss about this with your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have sub septate uterus, lower back pain and pain in groin. Due to uterus condition? 53 minutes later
I have been to my doctor about it that's what she's blaming the pain on. I've been fighting with my doctor to be sent to a specialiest
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The pain is more likely to be due to endometriosis. Subseptate uterus is not painful. You need to consult a specialist for this.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.